As a raw material for fuel briquettes, palm shells are reported to have the same calorific characteristics as coconut shells. The relatively smaller size makes it easier to carbonise for mass production, and its resulting palm shell charcoal can be pressed into a heat efficient biomass briquette.
Palm kernel shells have been traditionally used as solid fuels for steam boilers in palm oil mills across Southeast Asia. The steam generated is used to run turbines for electricity production. These two solid fuels alone are able to generate more than enough energy to meet the energy demands of a palm oil mill. Most palm oil mills in the region are self-sufficient in terms of energy by making use of kernel shells and mesocarp fibers in cogeneration.
One of our clients in Indonesia (Fortune 500 FMCG major) is looking for a PKS (Palm Kernel Shell) fired boiler for their process requirements. Following are brief specifications :
|Model Specifications||Rated evaporation (t/h)||Rated steam pressure (MPa)||Rated steam temperature (℃)||Feed water temperature (℃)||design fuel||Factory way|
1. Instead of waste wood chips as biofuel, the investment is small and the construction period is short.
2. Imported palm shells can be mixed with coal to reduce coal consumption and reduce carbon emissions at the same time, especially suitable for industries that use coal as fuel such as cement and power generation.
3. Palm shell has more superior characteristics than biomass pellet fuel, its natural density reaches 1.1, small size, light weight, not easy to break, more convenient for storage and transportation.
4. The calorific value of palm shell combustion is as high as 4600 kcal/kg. The moisture content is less than 8%, the ash content is less than 3%, the combustion is sufficient, and it is more suitable for large boiler combustion.
5. As a renewable clean energy, it greatly caters to the trend of sustainable development of the world environment in the future.
For all inquiries, please fill in the form below (* are required) to send us a brief message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.